Me

Me
Me and My Boy

Thursday, March 8, 2007

SIMPLY AMAZING

Last night was amazing. Last night I was honored to see one of the greatest song writers and musicians live, performing an acoustic setting. Aaron Lewis of the band Staind was performing in St. Louis and me and my friend Justin were lucky enough to have some sweet seats to listen, watch, and take in thise surreal performance. I know everybody has that one song out there that they feel speaks directly to them, well imagine sitting down for 2 hours and feeling like a book of your soul was opened and read in music. I remember 5 years ago, how me, Justin, and Martin would sit around the house playing and singing songs written by Aaron Lewis. Back then we were a bunch of wild single party guys and even though we could relate with the music, it really did not have the meaning it has to me now. 5 years later I am married and have two kids, nobody would have imagined that. There were a couple songs last night were Lewis sang about his daughter and the words just seemed to express exactly how I feel about my daughter. By the way I wanted to name my daughter Zoe Jane but my wife put an end to that idea very rapidly. Musicians stay on the road a lot, and being in the military I can relate to that. I think to fully understand the bond a family shares you have to be seperated from them for a little bit. There are so many emotions you experience when you cannot see a loved for long periods of time, it is even harder when you have a little kid and they dont understand why you are not there with them. It was just so magical how Lewis portrayed that through his music, he not only shows his soul through his music, but he makes you look into our own.

Yes, this was a little bit of a different type of blog then I am used to writing, but some days you just have to think about those things which we are fortunate for. Yes I am fortunate and very thankful for the chance to see Aaron Lewis perform live, but I am more fortunate for my family which gives me the meaning and emotions I feel when I am mesmorized by his music. Until next time "HAVE A NICE DAY"

2 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds fantastic! Zoe Jane is adoreable, but wives are always right. =)

jdhuegel1 said...

Kick ass time Mikey. We'll have to do that again soon.

He's better in concert than he is on record... go figure!